- Learn how to make a refreshing and festive cocktail that supports immune and lung health.
- Created with Elix TCM advisor and chef Zoey Gong, this recipe was crafted with holistic food therapy approach rooted in plant-based Chinese medicinal cuisine.
- Let us know if you recreate this recipe by tagging us @elixhealing and @zoeyxinyigong on Instagram!
A festive mocktail that’s hydrating, yin-nourishing, and supports immune health? We’ll cheers to that! Fall is here and with it, all new fruits that are at their peak for the season. According to Elix TCM advisor and chef Zoey Gong, among the top picks for this time of year are pears, thanks to their ability to improve our lung health and hydrate our bodies against the dry, cold weather. Simply mix pear juice with your favorite sparkling water or kombucha, and you have a delightfully bubbly drink to share with the whole family.
As the holiday season gears up with celebrations and family gatherings, pears are also great to help keep us balanced by cooling off excessive heat in the body from partying and drinking. For this recipe, Zoey also added some notes of ginger by mixing in a few drops of Elix Ginger Aide tincture to help fend off weather-related ills and support healthy digestion, making it the perfect digestif to serve after any holiday feast.
- Pear provides efficient hydration to alleviate sore throat, coughs, and dry skin.
- Slightly cools excessive heat in the body from holiday partying and drinking.
Sparkling Pear Mocktail Recipe
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 3 cups of natural pear juice
- Maple syrup or monk fruit extract, optional
- 1 cup of sparkling water or kombucha
- Elix Ginger Aide Tincture
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- In a champagne glass, add ¾ glassful of pear juice. Add maple syrup or monk fruit extract to taste, if pear juice is not sweet enough.
- Top the glass with sparkling water or kombucha. Add 3-4 drops of Elix Ginger Aide Tincture.
- Garnish with a spring of rosemary and a slice of pear.