- Mix together your own personalized, magical color changing 'potion' that balances hormones and fights free radicals.
- Created with Elix TCM Advisor and Chef Zoey Gong, this recipe was crafted with a holistic food therapy approach rooted in plant-based Chinese medicinal cuisine.
- Let us know if you recreate this recipe by tagging us @elixhealing @zoeyxinyigong on Instagram!
Balance your hormones and eliminate toxins with this elevated twist on a classic lemonade. Goji berries have been used in Chinese Herbal Medicine for over 5,000 years for their ability to protect us from free radicals.
Not only are they packed with antioxidants, but their rich purple color changes to a vibrant pink when mixed with lemons, creating a whimsical mocktail to mix your personalized Cycle Balance formula into.
Traditional Chinese Medicine Benefits:
- Sour foods like lemons are great for detoxing the liver.
- Black goji contains an abundance of antioxidants (hence the intense color!) to protect us from free radicals and aging.
- Essential oils in basil help to fight inflammation in the body.
- This recipe is neutral in energetics, making it suitable for all seasons!
Color Changing Goji-Basil Lemonade Recipe
Ingredients (1 serving):
- 8 pieces of fresh basil
- 1.5 cup of water
- 1 tbsp black goji
- 1 lemon
- Monk fruit extract, to taste
Elix Healing Cycle Balance Tincture
- In a glass or mixing bowl, muddle fresh basil with a muddler or pestle.
- Add black goji and water to the muddled basil and left it sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Strain the solids. At this point, the water should have turned purple.
- Squeeze in the juice of a lemon and witness the color changing to pink.
- Add monk fruit extract to taste and Elix Healing Cycle Balance Tincture to enjoy.