- Add this medicinal mocktail to your holiday dinner party menu to help you and your guests combat indigestion, nausea, and other digestive upsets while you indulge this season.
- Created with Elix TCM advisor and chef Zoey Gong, this recipe was crafted with a holistic food therapy approach rooted in Chinese medicinal cuisine.
- Let us know if you recreate this recipe by tagging us @elixhealing and @zoeyxinyigong on Instagram!
‘Tis the season for festive drinks with loved ones, but alcohol can sometimes further aggravate any digestive distress you might be experiencing and dehydrate your body. If you are feeling bloated and bubbly from all of the dairy, sweets, and heavy dishes that are popular this time of year, we have the perfect drink to help you keep the party going while supporting your digestive health.
For this recipe, Zoey took a winter twist on a classic Sangria and added cinnamon, rosemary, Elix Ginger Aide, and cranberries. This combination is not only super festive for this time of year, but these ingredients are packed with lots of health benefits to help reduce inflammation, support your skin and hair health, boost digestion, and dispel cold & flu symptoms—making it the perfect digestif to serve at your next holiday feast.
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Benefits:
- Warms the body
- Helps with digestive upsets, such as nausea and indigestion
- Contains an abundance of antioxidants for better skin and overall health
Ginger Cranberry Sangria Recipe
- 4 cups cranberry kombucha
- 2 cups brewed black tea, cooled
- 1 bottle (750mL) sparkling or regular red grape juice
- 1 orange - sliced
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 12 Squeezes of Elix Ginger Aide, or to taste
- 5 cinnamon sticks
- 5 whole star anise
- Sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Fill a big pitcher with ice (if using). Add all ingredients and mix well.
- Serve in preferred glassware with or without ice. Garnish with additional fruits, spices, and fresh rosemary.
Keep Elix Ginger Aide handy this holiday season to mix into your favorite cocktails, teas, and spritzers to help boost your immune and digestive health. Click here to shop.