- Skip the alcohol this summer for a fun and fruity mocktail that's designed to help you debloat and lower inflammation.
- Created with Elix TCM advisor and chef Zoey Gong, this recipe was crafted with a holistic food therapy approach rooted in Chinese medicinal cuisine.
- Let us know if you recreate this recipe by tagging us @elixhealing and @zoeyxinyigong on Instagram!
Want to enjoy the fruity flavors of a summery cocktail with friends, but don’t want to deal with the bloating, inflammation, fatigue, and dehydration that can come with it? This virgin mojito recipe is one the most refreshing mocktails for the season that'll give you wonderful health benefits to help you enjoy this season to the fullest.
The star of this recipe is the beautiful and eye-catching dragon fruit (AKA pittaya). Not only does it add a fun tropical twist to this recipe, but it’s particularly high in vitamin C and antioxidants—making it one of the best foods you can have to fight free radicals, promote healthy and glowing skin, improve mental calmness, and relieve digestive issues.
During the Late Summer season, this is especially important as the organs that make up your “gut,” are in full focus thanks to the fire element. Nourishing your body with fruits high in fiber like dragon fruit, and root vegetables like ginger, can keep your gut happy and healthy—which is why Zoey loves adding Elix’s Ginger Aide to this recipe for added anti-inflammatory benefits and a touch of spiciness.
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Benefits:
- Relieves indigestion, bloating, and constipation.
- Antioxidants boost skin’s health and radiance.
- Cools excess heat in the body and liver that can cause irritability, headaches, and anxiety.
Ginger Spiced Dragon Fruit Digestive Mojito Recipe
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 cup frozen or fresh dragon fruit cubes
- 10 mint leaves
- ¼ teaspoon allspice or mace powder (or another spice of your choice)
- 1/2 can lime sparkling water or lime flavored kombucha
- 3 squeezes of Elix Ginger Aide Tincture
- In a blender, blend lime juice, maple syrup, dragon fruit cubes, mint leaves, and spice powder until smooth. Strain the solids and pour the liquid in a cocktail shaker. Top with sparkling water or kombucha and Elix Ginger Aide Tincture. Shake!
- Taste the mojito and adjust sweetness as necessary with more maple syrup or lime.
- Pour the mojito mix over two glasses filled with ice. Garnish with mint leaves and lime slices. You can also serve it at room temperature if you don’t want to consume iced beverages.
Enhance your everyday wellness routine with our line of clinically proven adaptogenic formulas that provide energy, mood, and immune support. Click here to shop our wellness line.This article was reviewed by Zoey Gong.
Zoey Gong is a Traditional Chinese Medicine nutritionist, food therapist, and chef. Her recipes have been featured in various publications, including the cover of Food & Wine magazine in the February 2023 issue. She’s the author of The Five Elements Cookbook: A Guide to Traditional Chinese Medicine with Recipes for Everyday Healing, where she guides readers in the basics of TCM through encyclopedic entries on common ingredients and 50 nourishing recipes.