- Wondering how to take Cycle Balance? We've got you with our handy guide.
- The key to seeing a difference is consistently taking your formula and finishing the bottle every month/cycle.
- Enjoy Cycle Balance however you want — there's no wrong way to enjoy it - mix it into your favorite beverage or food, or simply take it straight.
Your formula is personalized for you, so let's find the best way for you to take Cycle Balance.
In this blog we will cover the recommended dosage for regular (meaning you can estimate when your period is coming within a few days) and irregular (meaning you cannot estimate when your period is coming within a few days) cycles, as well as how to adjust your dosage if you have a chronic condition or severe symptoms (PCOS, Endo, Fibroids, PPMD, or symptoms rated 8 or above on a 1-10 scale).
Here are a few key tips to remember while taking your Cycle Balance:
- Consistently take your Cycle Balance dosage by finishing 1 full bottle a month/cycle or 2 full bottles if you have any chronic conditions or severe symptoms.
- One full squeeze is considered ¾ of the pipet.
- If you miss a dose, just double up your next dose.
- You will either be taking Cycle Balance one week out of your cycle (regular) or everyday of the month (irregular), more on this shortly.
- Get creative with how you take it! Here are a few recipe ideas.
We're here to help you find the right dose that best fits your cycle needs. Please feel free to send us any other questions to email@example.com.
If your cycle is regular with no severe symptoms or chronic conditions:
Starting the week before your period, take 1 tsp (6 full squeezes) 2x/day until you finish the bottle.
Don't stress if you start your period before you finish the bottle, just continue taking it until the bottle is empty (1 bottle = 1 cycle). So with this strategy you are only taking Cycle Balance one week out of your cycle, the week before your period is scheduled to arrive. Using a 28 day cycle (with day 1 being the first day of your period) you would be taking Cycle Balance days 22-28, or until the bottle is finished.
Not a visual person? Take our dosage quiz.
If your cycle is irregular without any chronic conditions or severe symptoms:
Consistently take ½ tsp (3 full squeezes) every day (1 bottle = 1 month). Once you finish a bottle move on to the next bottle, take Cycle Balance continuously everyday of the month, including when you are on your period.
If you need to get your next shipment earlier or later, sign into your account page and adjust as needed, or contact our community care team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if you have severe symptoms (8 or above on a 1-10 scale) or an underlying chronic condition such as PCOS, endometriosis, fibroids, cysts, PMDD, or secondary amenorrhea?
Many of our community members have seen better results when they double their dosage for the first 3-6 months. So if you feel your symptoms are above average—try doubling the dose above that applies to you.
With severe symptoms or any underlying conditions, your body needs more support than the average person. That’s why we recommend doubling your dose to give your body the extra kickstart it needs to shift your body into a wellness state.
Dosage for regular cycle with chronic conditions or severe symptoms:
Take 2 tsp (12 full squeezes) 2x/day starting the week before your period and continuing until you finish both bottles.
Don't stress if you start your period before you finish the bottles. For the most effective dose, always continue taking your formula until the bottles are empty (2 bottles = 1 cycle).
If you have issues tracking your cycle click here to take our dosage quiz to find the best dosage for you.
Dosage for irregular cycle with chronic conditions or severe symptoms:
1 tsp (6 full squeezes) every day of the month, once a bottle is finished move on to the next bottle. This is a daily amount, so you will be taking Cycle Balance continuously, everyday of the month (2 bottles = 1 month).
What if my period is in progress or just ended but my first bottle just arrived?
If you think you missed your first dosing window don’t worry! You can still take Cycle Balance to support your current and future cycles.
Here are a few options to consider:
- If you are going to take the irregular daily dose start Cycle Balance as soon as it arrives - 3 full squeezes (½ tsp daily) or if you are doubling the dose, 6 full squeezes (1 tsp daily).
- If you are going to take the regular weekly dose:
- And your period just started, you can start taking Cycle Balance during your menses at your suggested dosage until the bottle runs out - either 6 full squeezes (1 tsp) x2/day or if you’re doubling 12 full squeezes (2 tsp) x2/day.
- If your period has just finished, you can start Cycle Balance at the daily dose (3-6 full squeezes or ½ tsp-1 tsp daily) until a week before your next scheduled menses and then start the regular weekly dose - either 6 full squeezes (1 tsp) x2/day or if you’re doubling 12 full squeezes (2 tsp) x2/day. You would then continue on with only taking Cycle Balance a week before your menses for your future cycles.
Still have more questions? Our Community Care Team is always here to help - email@example.com. Or you can join a free group Onboarding Chat and get your questions answered live by one of Elix’s TCM Health Coaches or our Head of Community Care.
Interested in seeing how Elix can help support the root of your menstrual symptoms? Take our free Online Health Assessment here.This article was reviewed by Dr. Liem Le.
Dr. Liem Le is a Doctor of Chinese Medicine, Functional Medicine Practitioner, and Nutritionist Integrative Medicine Department at H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center. He is a part of the teaching staff for the Masters program for the Functional Medicine and Human Nutrition program at University of Western States. Dr. Le is currently working on his fellowship in Integrative Medicine with the Academy of Integrative Health and Medicine via a scholarship from the White House to complete the initiative.