- Warm, soothing, and naturally sweet, this nourishing herbal tea is a classic Chinese recipe that's been used for generations to support women's health.
- Created with Elix TCM advisor and chef Zoey Gong, this recipe was crafted with a holistic food therapy approached rooted in Chinese Medicinal cuisine.
- Let us know if you recreate this recipe by tagging us @elixhealing and @zoeyxinyigong on Instagram.
This nourishing and delicate herbal tea is a classic Chinese Medicinal food therapy recipe that’s specifically tailored to support women’s health and wellness (but other genders can also benefit from this delicious drink). Together the fruits, flowers, and herbs work together to improve circulation & reproductive health, calm the body & mind, and even enhance our skin’s health & radiance.
Not only is this recipe warm, soothing, fruity, and perfect to mix your Cycle Balance formula into, but it also holds a lot of meaning for many families across China and other parts of Asia. Elix TCM Advisor Zoey Gong was taught to make this tea by her mother and grandmother, and she is now sharing it with the Elix community, making it extra special.
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Benefits:
- Tonifies, nourishes, and strengthens blood
- Supports a regular and healthy menstrual cycle
- Warms the body for better circulation
- Balances mood
- Reduces cramps and other painful period symptoms
Nourishing Herbal Tea for Menstrual Health Recipe
Ingredients (1 mug):
- 3 medium-sized jujube dates (about 20g)
- 4 dried longan fruits
- 2 tsp goji berries
- 2 slices of fresh ginger
- 1.5 cup of water
- 1 tsp of osmanthus flower or 1 tbsp rose water
- 3 droppers of Elix Healing Cycle Balance
- In a teapot, bring all ingredients, except for Cycle Balance, to a boil and turn off the heat to let it steep for 5-10 minutes.
- Add Cycle Balance. Drink warm!
Curious if Cycle Balance can help your hormonal symptoms and re-balance your cycle? Take our Health Assessment to discover your personalized blend of herbs.