- Dispel the cold and and cramps with this festive drink that's perfect to sip on while roasting marshmallows around the fire, or at your next holiday party.
- Created with Elix Traditional Chinese Medicine Advisor and Chef Zoey Gong, this recipe was crafted with a holistic food therapy approach, rooted in plant-based Chinese medicinal cuisine.
- Let us know if you recreate this recipe by tagging us @elixhealing @zoeyxinyigong on Instagram!
Catch festive feelings, not cramps with this bright and refreshing Apple Cider Mocktail. Packed with lots of nutritional benefits that are perfect for this time of year, this recipe is a simple yet satisfying treat.
Traditionally made with cinnamon, cloves and allspice, apple cider is great for warming the body and dispeling cold on those frosty nights. Not only is the added warmth great for our menstrual cycles, but cinnamon is also a natural anti-inflammatory that can help soothe menstrual cramps and other aches and pains. For this recipe, Zoey added a few drops of Elix Cycle Balance for even more hormone balancing benefits to support our cycles throughout the season.
Because this drink is a simple stirred cocktail, it’s perfect for doubling or tripling to serve a crowd — in this case Zoey recommends swapping out Cycle Balance for Elix Ginger Aide to give all your loved ones an extra immunity boost.
Benefits according to Traditional Chinese Medicine:
- Apple provides natural sugar and a healthy dose of vitamin C for stronger immunity and prebiotics for better digestion.
- Cinnamon is a natural anti-inflammatory that warms the body, dispels cold, improves qi and blood flow, and reduces menstrual cramps.
Apple Cider Mocktail Recipe
Ingredients (1 serving):
- ½ cup apple cider*
- ⅓ cup orange flavored sparkling water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3-6 squeezes of Elix Cycle Balance
- For the garnish: Apple slices, cranberries, cinnamon sticks
*For an alcoholic version, add 1oz sweet vermouth and 1-2oz bourbon
- Mix everything, except for the garnish, in a shaker.
- Garnish with Apple slices*, cranberries, cinnamon sticks, and enjoy!
*Apples can brown easily, so spritz them with some lemon juice before using as garnish.
Curious if Cycle Balance can help your hormonal symptoms and re-balance your cycle? Take our Health Assessment to discover your personalized blend of herbs.