Recipe: Pineapple and Orange Blossom Mocktail
- Balance your cycle with this delicious drink recipe from Elix TCM Advisor and Chef, Zoey Gong.
- With her background in clinical nutrition, professional kitchen, and TCM, Zoey specializes in mostly plant-based Chinese medicinal cuisine and holistic food therapy.
- Share your creation by tagging us @elixhealing
The Benefits, According to TCM
In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), pineapple is sweet, sour in flavor, and neutral in thermal nature. It’s used as a remedy for indigestion, hangovers, thirst, urinary difficulties, and edema. Oranges are sour and cool, entering the lung, stomach, and liver meridian pathways. The fruit is great for conditions like chest tightness, hangover, and nausea. Lastly, thyme has antibacterial and antifungal functions, and it’s also excellent for reducing inflammation in our body.
Ingredients (1-2 servings)
- ⅔ cup 100% pineapple juice
- ½ cup 100% orange juice
- 2 sprigs of thyme, plus 1 sprig to garnish
- A few ice cubes (optional)
Full droppers of your tailored Elix formula (or Immunity Duo/Ginger Aide)
1. Take the small thyme leaves off its stem and put into a cocktail shaker or a sealed Mason jar.
2. In the shaker, shake the juices and your Cycle Balance with the thyme leaves and ice for 30 seconds.
3. Strain your drink into a cocktail glass and garnish with a thyme sprig and edible flowers.