- Take your stress away one sip at a time with this sweet and delicate floral tea that's perfect for a cozy night of herbal healing.
- Created with TCM advisor and chef Zoey Gong, this recipe was crafted with a holistic food therapy approach rooted in Chinese medicinal cuisine.
- Let us know if you recreate this recipe by tagging us @elixhealing and @zoeyxinyigong on Instagram!
If you are looking to treat yourself to something a bit fancier than your usual coffee or tea, this fresh & floral Hibiscus Rose Tea blend is the perfect treat. This warm and soothing tea helps to reduce stress, improve sleep, and prevent uncomfortable PMS symptoms. If you haven’t tried hibiscus before, it’s a beautiful and exotic flower that’s fresh, sweet, and has a cranberry-like tartness. In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), the flower petals are often used in teas to reduce inflammation, minimize cramping, and clear toxins in the body.
The bold, fruity flavors of the hibiscus flower blend perfectly with the softer, more floral notes of the rose petals in this recipe. Zoey recommends drinking rose tea regularly in the evenings to gently move Qi and blood, and unblock stagnation to help treat irregular menstruation, reduce cramps, improve digestion, and nourish the skin. She also loves mixing in Elix’s Daily Harmony formula that’s rich in adaptogens for overall mood & sleep support.
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Benefits:
- Removes liver stagnation
- Balances overall mood & helps the body adapt to stress
- Helps prevent and relieve PMS symptoms when enjoyed regularly
Soothing Hibiscus Rose Tea Recipe
- 2 cups of water
- 2 slices of lemon
- 2 pieces of dried hibiscus flower or 2 tablespoons of broken dried hibiscus
- 1 tablespoon dried rose buds
- Honey, to taste (optional)
- 3 squeezes of Elix daily harmony
- In a small saucepan or tea pot, boil water with lemon and dried flowers for 5 minutes. Let it steep for another 5 minutes.
- Discard the solids and add Elix Daily Harmony Tincture. Drink the tea when it’s still warm.