- A core belief of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is that balance is a dynamic state we must maintain, rather than a static condition to achieve.
- Our newest formula, Daily Harmony, is a clinical-strength natural hormone-balancing blend of herbs and adaptogens designed to help you maintain balance while navigating life's daily stressors.
- Daily Harmony and Cycle Balance complement the healing capabilities of one another, providing holistic support for your everyday and menstrual health.
Finding balance in our lives and bodies can sometimes feel like we’re at odds with ourselves. And in today's uncertain world, managing the highs and lows of daily life can be all the more challenging. Our inability to reach equilibrium may seem like a failure. But in reality, the idealistic state of balance so many of us are trying to achieve doesn’t exist.
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is rooted in the idea that balance is not a static condition but a dynamic state. This is reflected in the concept of Yin and Yang, the most fundamental principle of TCM, which represents finding balance and harmony in the universe, nature and our daily lives. Just as the outside world is constantly changing, our bodies are always flowing. This is true for everyone, but especially for people who menstruate, as our cycle naturally causes our body’s rhythm to fluctuate throughout each month.
Balance is, therefore, not an ideal we achieve but a continuous motion to maintain. The first step is to tune into our body and from there, we can begin to find harmony and balance.
Introducing Daily Harmony
Many of you told us that stress significantly impacts your body. It makes you feel fatigued but also keeps you up at night. Some of you experience irregularities in your menstrual cycle because of it. You told us you wanted a product that could help you better support your body every day of the month. Something to help you adapt to daily stress, increase your energy, and enhance your mood. And so we created just that.
Daily Harmony is specifically designed to help you maintain balance while navigating life’s daily stressors. It is a clinical strength, natural hormone-balancing herbal blend based on Xiao Yao San (XYS), one of the most heavily-researched and clinically-proven herbal formulas in Asia. Fortified with adaptogens (herbs that support stress response), Daily Harmony is proven to enhance mood, improve focus, and ease the effects of stress on the mind and body - helping you to better harmonize with the ups and downs of daily life.
Why These Herbs
In creating Daily Harmony, we sought out herbs that best meet the needs we heard from our community - ones that support sleep, boost energy, reduce inflammation, and more. Each organic, natural herb possesses individual healing capabilities. And together these herbs create a harmonious blend for everyday wellness to support you in becoming your own best healer.
Here’s a closer look at some of the herbs and their benefits:
- Bupleurum / Chai Hu - Bupleurum has been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for more than 2,000 years. In TCM, it is thought to regulate the exterior and interior metabolisms and has also been found to have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Angelica Sinensis / Dang Gui - Angelica Sinensis is widely used in TCM to relieve pain, primarily that caused by rheumatic arthritis.
- White Peony / Bai Shao - Bai Shao is one of the most well-known herbs in TCM and also commonly referred to as White Peony Root. Its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties make it effective in reducing pain and supporting blood flow.
- Atractylodes / Bai Zhu - Atractylodes is commonly used in TCM to aid digestion and reduce inflammation. It’s been shown to effectively treat indigestion, stomachache, bloating as well as a loss of appetite.
- Poria / Fu Ling - Poria is a type of edible mushroom that supports immune function as well as possesses anti-inflammation and anti-aging properties. Studies have also shown it to be effective in improving sleep and mood.
- Ginger / Zingiber - Ginger is clinically proven to support digestion, reduce inflammation, and more.
- Mint / Bo He - Bo He, or mint as it’s commonly known, is an effective, natural pain reliever. In Chinese Medicine, it is thought to release the exterior and disperse heat, thereby clearing the head and mind.
- Licorice / Gan Cao - Licorice, is ideal for treating menstrual cramping and has been shown to relieve digestive discomfort. It moderates and harmonizes other herbs, making it perfect for holistic formulas.
The Added Benefits of Adaptogens
For maximum stress response, Daily Harmony is fortified with adaptogens. As the name implies, adaptogens help us to adapt. More specifically, they help our bodies better manage stress by leveling our serum cortisol (the stress hormone) as well as by preventing neurotransmitter depletion (as in serotonin, dopamine, and GABA). Each adaptogen also offers its own unique benefits. Here’s a closer look at a few of the adaptogens used in Daily Harmony.
- Reishi - Reishi mushrooms have a long history of promoting health in TCM. It is regarded as the “herb of spiritual potency” and used to improve sleep, fatigue, stress and mental clarity.
- American (White) Ginseng Root - American Ginseng is best known for helping fight fatigue and improving mental wellbeing. It also has been shown to stimulate the immune system and lower blood sugars.
- Astragalus - Astragalus has been used in TCM for centuries for its immunity properties. It is commonly used in combination with other herbs to treat allergies, fatigue, respiratory infections, and other conditions.
Chinese Foxglove Root (Rehmannia) - In TCM, Chinese Foxglove is used to “balance the yin,” or more specifically, to treat conditions caused by a yin deficiency. It has been found to improve mood and blood circulation and is commonly used in women’s health.
A More Harmonized You
For far too long we’ve been pushing our bodies to achieve an unrealistic ideal of balance. It’s time we forgive ourselves for “failing” to reach equilibrium and tune into ourselves to find what our body really needs.
To best support you in this journey, Daily Harmony is designed to not only help you maintain balance but also to complement our Cycle Balance formula. On its own, Daily Harmony supports sleep, digestion, stress response, and overall well being. When combined, Daily Harmony and Cycle Balance strengthen one another’s healing capabilities. Together, they lower inflammation, support daily hormonal fluctuations, and help the body recover from and prepare for menstruation – thereby energizing and strengthening the body’s ability to adapt to daily stressors.
It’s our hope that Daily Harmony and Cycle Balance can support you on your journey to becoming your own best healer. With these formulas as your companions, we believe you’ll be on your way to living your healthiest, most vibrant life.